Few bread slices
Preheat oven at 150 degrees Celsius.
Remove the sides of white or brown bread. Roll each with a rolling pin.
Cut into 2 or 4 pieces as per size. (I cut mine into 4)
Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with oil. Place one slice in each mold and slightly push down to hold shape.
Brush some oil very lightly on the bread. (It’s still ok without oil)
Place in the oven for 8-10 mins. You can transfer the half-baked ones to another flat tray (side by side in oven) and use the muffin tin for second batch. It becomes crispy when cool. Or once all are done, switch off the oven and leave the bread bowls in the oven for half hr.
Stays crispy for 2 days in an airtight container.
Place 1 tsp stuffing in bread bowls and serve.
Stuffing ideas: Place in cool bread bowls just before serving.
1. Heat 2 tsp oil. Saute 1 tsp ginger and garlic, half chopped onion. Add ½ cup cooked minced meat or chicken. Add seasoning of your choice, ½ chopped tomato. Saute till almost dry. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix. Cool mixture.
2. Mix 1 medium boiled potato cut into small cubes, 4 tbsp chopped onion, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, ¼ tsp red chili flakes, 2-3 tbsp tamarind sauce.
3. Heat 2 tsp oil. Saute 4 tbsp chopped onion & 1 tbsp chopped garlic. Add ½ cup chopped mushroom and ½ cup chopped spinach. Mix and cook. Add seasoning, 2 pinch dried basil and 4 tbsp cream. Mix well and cool. (in picture)
4. Egg salad or chicken salad or tuna salad (use dressing only to bind)
5. Any leftover finely chopped!!